Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chocolate, Toffee & Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies


Hello my friends! 

Weekend been good? I sure hope so! 

So...i cracked. I baked...Cookies. I baked cookies. Delicious, Oaty, Chocolatey, Cookies. 
That happened. Cookies happened. I am not ashamed of my baking addiction, i fully enjoy it...like these cookies. I enjoy them. 

Should we get down to it then? Get down to cookie business? 



Ingredients you need -


I forgot to put the Milk & Toffee is the picture...

* 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour 
* 2 cups Whole Grain Oats
* 1 tsp Baking Soda
* 1 tsp Salt 
* 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 
* 2 tbsp Grounded Flax Seed 
* 1 cup Shortening 
* 1 cup Granulated Sugar 
* 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar 
* 2 Eggs 
* 1 tsp Vanilla Extract 
* 2 tbsp Milk 
* 1 cup Semi Sweet Chunks 
* 1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips (Honestly...i hated these, but you guys may like them. Next time i will NOT use them!) 
* 1/2 cup Toffee Bits



1. Pre heat the oven to 375f. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. 




2. In a mixer, mix the shortening and sugar together. Mix on medium until well blended. 




3. Once the sugar mixture has been mixed together add the eggs, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix until well blended again! 







4. Add the flour to the wet ingredients, and mix on med/high. Once all the ingredients have been mixed together add the chocolate chunks, butterscotch (yucky) and toffee. Mix all together. 




5. Scoop out the cookie mixture on to the baking tray and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. 






6. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray, then move them to the cooling rack so they can cool completely. Chow down...chow down on these wonderful cookies! 


Honestly the butterscotch chips are far too sweet for me. I am NOT a fan...it was my bad...i didn't try them until i put them in the cookie dough. I believe it is because i got too excited. It happens. Luckily it doesn't ruin these bad boys! 

After making cookies...i washed my Bug. He was stinky...AND i am trying to keep myself busy...so i don't get too excited about going to Disneyworld. I make weird noises when i am excited...they frighten children. 


Enjoy my rule breakin' cookies...i know i did! 

Peace, Love & Kara <3 

8 comments:

  1. LoL these sound delicious. I think the toffee + butterscotch would be a little sweet tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i added the toffee...i thought the same! But they are actually not too sweet at all! I added small bits of toffee, so they just melt down and add a crunch :D Thank goodness! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look yummy! I find that the butterscotch chips are WAY too sweet for me, too.
    I want to go to Disneyworld!!! Can I stow away in your suitcase, Kara? Have a FANTASTIC time and give Pooh A hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SOOOO yummy!!!!!!!
    and ruffles is TOOOOO cute!
    POW

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne - Yes! Way too sweet!! I will for sure!! Hey, jump in! lol :D

    Faye - Thanks sissy <3 Ruffles wouldn't look at the camera so i held ham above my head so he would look! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look great! and i am a big butterscotch fan, so need to pin these! thanks for stopping by the blog--such a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious!
    What a wonderful name for a blog. Delighted to have stumbled across your page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugarswing - These were super yummy!

    Aly - Welcome! Oh thanks :D Can't wait to check out yours! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Comments <3