Good Evening to you!
October is upon us, how quick has this year been! Scary stuff! Last year 2 of my wonderful friends, Adam & Andrea surprised me and turned up out of the blue to sunny Texas. We watched scary movies and drank lots of wine. That's how we roll. This year though is all about the baking, scary movies and of course...Disney!
October is my favorite month...apart from December...my birthday and Christmas. What a month! Little fact for you...Both my sister and i were supposed to be born on Christmas day. Nice planning mum & dad. How shit would that have been! Thank goodness i was early and Faye was late. It's the other way round now a days though. Faye hates late people...like me...i am often late. Don't hold it against me.
In October all of the stores here stock up on fancy Halloween decorations and clothes! Today myself and Jolanna went to Target so we could get our weekly groceries and Halloween goodies!
Check out my new Halloween T Shirts! Fancy huh! I am so prepared.
Now i am so excited to show you what i baked...goodness...i was jumping around the kitchen like some sort of crazy person. Halloween Cupcakes. BOOM. Said it. Did it! Should...should we hug?
Red/Black Velvet Cupcakes baked with a Halloween Oreo at the bottom. Topped with a cream cheese frosting and Oreo crumbs. You. Are. Welcome.
Lets get on this cupcake train...Do as i do...and then hug me. Super tight.
What you need -
* 1 packet Halloween Oreos
* 4 Tbsp unsalted Butter
* 3/4 cup white Sugar
* 1 Egg
* 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
* 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
* 1/2 cup Buttermilk
* 1 cup All Purpose Flour
* 1/2 Tsp Salt
* 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
* 1 1/2 Tsp Distilled White Vinegar
* 2 Tbsp Red Food Dye
* 2 Tbsp Black Food Dye
Heck yes! This is going to be amazing! Halloween cupcakes! COME ON!!!
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 f. In a bowl mix together the flour and salt. Set aside. Add the oreos to the cupcake liners.
2. In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Mix for about 3 minutes. Add the egg and mix on high until everything comes together. Scrape down the bowl to make sure everything has been mixed!
3. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract to the batter. Mix the ingredients all together.
4. Turn the mixer to low and add half the buttermilk and half of the flour and salt. Mix until combined. Add the remaining buttermilk and flour, mix on high until smooth.
5. Turn the mixer low. Add the baking soda and vinegar. Turn the mixer the high and beat for a few minutes.
6. Half the batter in to 2 separate bowls. In one bowl add the red food dye, and in the other bowl add the black food dye. Stir them both until all the batter is covered in dye! It gets messy...mind your hands...and mouth...
|My tongue turned black...|
7. Add the red batter to the cupcake liners only half the liner as you need space for the black batter to go on top. Once you have added the red batter, add the black batter. With a skewer, lightly mix the batters together so you get a marbled effect.
8. Bake to cupcakes in the pre heated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
9. Let the cupcake rest in the pan for 10 minutes and then place them on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting them.
Should we do the super easy frosting too? Go on then!
* 2 1/3 cups Powdered Sugar
* 3 Tbsp Butter
* 1 packet Cream Cheese
* Crushed up Oreo
1. Mix the sugar and butter together on medium slow until mixture comes together
2. Add all the cream cheese and mix on medium high for about 5 minutes, or until frosting has become fluffy!
DONE! Mine was a tad runny as i mixed it too long...i got distracted by Cops. Bad Boys!
These cupcakes are super fun to make...and messy! Messy fun! Try any color you like! They don't have to be red and black :) I fully enjoyed making these for you! How Halloweeny are we!
Lets decorate pumpkins tomorrow! How creative of us!
Have a good night/day guys!
Peace, Love & Kara <3