Thursday, October 6, 2011

Taco Pasta...with a side of Honesty.


Lets be honest. Lets get it all out. Nobody is perfect! I wish we were...that would be the best. We all do things that annoy ourselves...and ask...'Why do i do that!? Ergh...i am annoying!' 
I hate being annoying, but it happens a lot. I annoy myself often. My friends, family and fella are troopers. Well done guys! Good for you for putting up with me! You guys are all types of cool! 

The things that annoy me about me. It's ok to be a Negative Nelly sometimes! 

* If you try and teach me something...expect it to take you quite some time. I need to be shown things more then twice...sorry about that. 

* I get frustrated by small things...if i don't understand i will get super angry. Again...sorry. 

* I forget things a whole bunch. So sorry if i don't text/email you back for a while...my mind wonders all over the place at times. Apologizes.  

* When i get tired, i won't want to do ANYTHING. I wish i was one of those people that could last on 2 hours of sleep! But i am not. I need sleep. 

* Don't ask me to do manual work. That's for men to do...it's even in the name! MANual! I will complain and get tired. Sorry. 

* I am the biggest procrastinator ever. I have to study for college...BUT i just remembered i have to sort my closet out or write a blog...or stare at the wall. Yep. That happens often. 

* I am lazy. Tonight i couldn't be bothered to make dinner...i wanted to sit in my pjs, catching up on TV shows i had missed and enjoy a big bowl of cereal. Cereal is super easy. I love cereal! Breakfast for dinner...that's cool right? BUT I over came this laziness...and made some pasta goodness! Yeah i did! Honestly though...cereal rocks my world. 


Taco Pasta guys, yeah...it's good! 
Something different, something new! I like it! 



* 1 pound Ground Turkey or Beef (i used Turkey) 
* 8-12 ounces Whole Wheat Pasta 
* 1 Onion, chopped
* 1 Tsp Garlic 
* 1 can Diced Tomatoes 
* 1 packet Taco Seasoning
* 1 packet Fat Free Cream Cheese
* 1/2 cup Low Fat Sour Cream 
* 1/4 cup Cilantro 
* Salt & Pepper to taste


1. Boil a large pot of water. Add the pasta and cook according to the package. 


2. In a frying pan, whilst the pasta is boiling, brown the turkey meat until it starts to brown. Add the onions. Once the onions and turkey are cooked add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. 


3. Add the tomatoes and taco seasoning to the cooked ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes. 



4. After the 5 minutes, add the pasta, cream cheese and sour cream. Stir everything together! Make sure everything is blended together! Add the salt & pepper to taste and let simmer for 5 minutes. 


5. Add the cilantro before serving! And enjoy! 

Done! Super yummy, quick and easy! 
Perfect for those lazy nights...
Happy Eats! 

Peace, Love & Kara <3 




1 comment:

  1. it looks so yummy! I think I'll give it a go next time I cook lunch!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Comments <3