Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween Sugar Cookies

Hello There. 

I just can't shake this Halloween feeling! I am far too excited. All i want to do is watch Halloween like films, eat candy corn, dress up as a witch or zombie and bake with food dyes! Halloween colors of course. 
If i could i would live in Halloween Town with Jack Skellington and Sally...we would have a ball! I would bake for them and they would sing for me. 

Back to real life...I made more cookies...just because i can. And i want to put you guys in that Halloween mood!


 Sugar cookies have NEVER worked for me. Like never. Ever. This would have been my 1000's attempt at making sugar cookies...usually i give up and buy the pre-made ones you just shove into the oven and BOOM...cookies i can pretend i made. Which i have done. Sad. 

So today i had this craving to bake sugar cookies! It was an intense feeling...all i could think about was these annoying cookies that most of the time mock me. I wanted to teach them a lesson! How dare they come out bread like when i wanted them to come out soft in the inside and crunchy on the outside! How very dare they!
I got this though...i got these cookies down! I ain't scared of no sugar! *Ghostbusters Tune* Looks as though me and Sugar cookies are friends...for now. 


Check out these orange sugary delights! I have so many ideas running through my head right now on how to decorate these bad boys! I kept them simple...for today...who knows what tomorrow will bring! But for right now...lets get down to cookie business...
What you need - 


* 1 1/2 cups Sugar 
* 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened 
* 2 large Eggs 
* 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract 
* 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour 
* 2 Tsp Cream of Tartar 
* 1 Tsp Baking Soda
* 1/4 Tsp Salt 
* 2 Tbsp Orange Food Dye
* 1/4 cup Sugar (for rolling cookies)


1. Pre heat oven to 375f. In a bowl, stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.


2. Mix together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating for 1 minute each addition. Add the vanilla extract to the mix. 

 

3. Add the flour mixture to the wet mix. Mix until combined. Add the orange food dye to the mix! So bright! So fun! 

 
 

4. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to form the cookie dough in to little balls (1 1/4 inch) and roll in to the sugar and place on to a cooking sheet. I tried rolling the dough in the black sugar and it looked silly...so i just sprinkled the sugar on top of the formed cookie balls on the cooking sheet. 


5.  Bake these cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the edges turn slightly golden.


6. Once baked take the cookies out of the oven and let cool on the sheet for about 5 minuets then place them on to a cooling rack to completely cool. 

Done! Hey, Sugar Cookies...take that! I baked you! Hahahaaa! And now my fella will eat you! And my friends...as i like to share. And...i am supposed to be losing weight...not eating delicious cookies. 
People could class us as cookie geniuses now. We got those sugar cookies down! Good job! 

Halloween...oh how i love you. You make me creative. Many thanks. 


Peace, Love & Kara <3  

1 comment:

Thank You For The Comments <3