Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Boy's Birthday...Part 1


It's my boy's Birthday Eve! 
Happy Birthday Eve! 

My family is all about Birthdays! We looove them! Although my Dad is always saying he doesn't want anything and doesn't do parties...what a pooper! We still get him goodies though! Presents are the shit! Ahhh Birthdays. I enjoy you! 

So! Lets get to it! Birthday stuff! Woo! 
My fella LOVES Creme Burlee...I introduced him to this dessert a few months ago, and now every time we go out for dinner he looks for Creme Brulee. Ben & Jerry's have a Creme Burlee flavor...which he would eat every day if he could. What a guy! So i reckon it is safe to say it is his favorite! 

So like a good galfriend, i decided to make Creme Brulee as his Birthday Cake! He will have a proper cake as well on Saturday...Making this birthday a week thang! But we shall talk about that on Friday...

Now...i have never in my life made this creamy treat before...it frightens me. We tackled yeast, so lets tackle cream! We can do this guys! Will you sing me soothing songs to calm my nerves? *deep breath* 
Lets. Do. This. 

What you need - 


* 4 cups Heavy Cream 
* 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract 
* 1/2 cup Vanilla Sugar 
* 6 Large Egg Yolks 
* 8 cups Hot Water
* 1/2 cup Sugar (Too sprinkle on top of the Creme Burlees) 

Are you thinking what i am thinking? I know right! Not very many ingredients...maybe this is easier then we first thought...

1. Pre heat the oven to 325 f 


2. Pour the cream and vanilla extract into a pan and heat on med/high. Bring the cream to a boil, then set aside for 15 minutes covered. 



3. In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla sugar and egg yolks. Whisk until well blended and starts to lighten in colour. 


4. After the cream has rested for 15 minutes, add little by little to the egg mixture. Stir continually.  


5. Once the cream mix and egg mix has been whisked together, add into your little bowls! With the bigger bowls i added 2 ladles of mixtures and with the little bowls i added 1 ladle of mixture. 



6. In a large cooking dish add the creme brulees. Pour the hot water until the water reaches half way up the little bowls. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Be careful you don't spill any of the water as it will be very very hot! Me and Baby Bug sat and watched them cook for a while...I have cleaning to do...procrastinating...



7. The creme brulees should set, but tremble in the middle when cooked. Remove from the water and place in to the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days. 


8. Remove the creme burlees from the fridge 30 minutes before browning the sugar on top...i will be doing this tomorrow! So i will show you what i do then! SO To be continued...

I found the hardest part about these were seeing when they were set or not...slightly worried they maybe too runny...But lets not think negatively! Tomorrow we will find out! 
What a cliff hanger ;P

Peace, Love & Kara <3 




4 comments:

  1. OOOOOH! I can comment! Had to jump through a crapload of hoops to do it tho. :P I LOVED the creme brulee! My first time ever to try this creamy, tasty treat and you did a fabulous job! Except...now I want a big baking dish full of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look! A comment :D Goodness...you are too sweet!
    I will make you some!? Yes i will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creme Brulee is one of my favorite desserts. love those cute dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine too! So yummy! We got them on sale in Ross! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Comments <3