So here we are watching 'Insidious' which i had been calling 'Indecisive' until the Blockbusters man and my sister looked at me funny...then laughed. How unprofessional. My other half Stacey told me a few things about the movie that i had missed the 1st time...like people hiding in rooms...so i am trying to spot them now, but my dog Ruffles Bug keeps wanting attention and it's just rude if i ignore him! He has the puppy eye thing going on. Too cute.
Lets talk soup. Tomato Soup. Not so creamy though...we are dieting. Cream is NOT our friend! It is our enemy. Creamy, delicious enemy. Burgh!
This soup is fresh and filling! Serve it with grilled cheese and you are set! Maybe set for life? I know i am. Soup and i are having a love affair. Ssssh...don't tell my fella.
Come on! Lets get this going! Mmmmhmmm Soup.
* A dash of Olive Oil
* 1 medium Onion, chopped
* 1 medium Carrot, finely diced
* 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
* a Splash of Red Wine Vinegar (1Tbsp)
* 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
* 2 can Chicken Broth
* 2 cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes in Juice
* 1 Dried Bay Leaf
* 1/2 - 3/4 cup Whole Milk/Cream
(I didn't use the Red Wine Vinegar or cream at all...as i had none. Oops)
1. In a large pan heat the oil. Add the onion and carrot, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent and the carrots are softening, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add the splash of vinegar at stir until cooked off.
2. Turn the heat to low and add the flour. Stir the onions & carrots in to the flour. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute to distribute the paste and cook off the flour taste. Add the bay leaf and chicken broth.
3. With clean hands add the tomatoes to the pot by breaking them up with your hands. This gets messy...and the tomatoes may spit juice at you...be warned! Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally
4. Remove from heat. Let the soup cool for about 30 minuets. In about 2 - 3 batches puree the soup in a blender until desired consistency. Like it chunky? Blend for a few seconds...i like my soups smooth! Put the pureed soup in to a bowl and puree the remaining soup in the pot.
5. Once all the soup has been pureed add it back to the pot. Stir in the cream/milk...that naughty creamy enemy of mine! Season with salt and pepper. Serve! Do it! Serve it up good!
6. Let cool to room temperature before dividing among airtight containers or jars (leaving 1 inch of space at the top) and freeze! Save for another day.
We are done my friends...Tomato Soup. BOOM. How Autumny of us. My doll, Chrissy and I enjoyed our soup with a grilled cheese sandwich...we shared. Friends do that.
Look at her! Giving Ruffles Bug kisses...what a gal!
Hey guess what...it is October! I know...you knew that already, but we have so much to look forward too!
* My fella's birthday & his Partie!
* Halloween Baking!
* Decorating for Halloween!
*Oh! And did i mention...Disney World!!
Oh yeah...that's right! Disney World! Going to Disney...for Halloween...AMAZING!
Now to find the perfect Alice in Wonderland outfit...
A big THANK YOU to Dana & Denton for my little bug's treat box! They loved it!
Peace, Love & Kara <3