Thursday, September 29, 2011

Meringues & Whole Wheat Molasses Bread...Oh My!


Heeeeey Guys!

Baking has taken over my life this week. It's all i think about...apart from you guys of course! 

Baking and Disney have been a huge part of my week...when i bake i play Disney songs and i sing super loud. That's just how i roll. I do that because if you bake happy i believe it will taste better. yeah, i do. No one like angry cookies. They taste bitter. Ew. 

I thought i would try something new and fancy. Something that would be amazing with Nutella. Not that i need an excuse to eat Nutella because i will eat it damn it! With whole wheat so i feel better about eating it. Good stuff. 

I made some super easy Meringues for my fella and family. It's like their crack. Meringue crack. 
Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the inside. Sounds like me...BOOM. That made me sad. Silly me. 

Then i went to my baking list...This list consists of everything i want to bake. Things i have never baked before...teaching ourselves new things is fun...fun and tricky. 

First thing on that list...Whole Wheat Molasses Bread. 
What on earth is that!? What would that taste like!? 
Heaven. That is what is tastes like. Whole Wheat Heaven. Not too sweet at all and kinda nutty! I had 2 slices for breakfast with my coffee. I felt like a grown up. I love that feeling. A grown up with a love for Nutella. 

These meringues were crazy easy to do! Super sweet too...if you have a super sweet tooth...you will love these little clouds of sugar! 

For the Meringues you need - 

* 1 cup white sugar 
* 4 egg whites 
* 1 tsp vanilla extract 
* 1 tsp white vinegar


1. Mix the egg whites until firm. 


2. Add the sugar, vanilla and vinegar to the egg mix and mix it up until shiny and crazy stiff! I held the bowl upside down to check...so brave!


3. Added the meringue mix to the baking sheet. I did this with a spoon, but you can pipe them on to make them look more fancy! 


4. Cook these at 225 degrees for 45 minuets until slightly browned. Turn the oven off and let the meringues cool completely in the oven. 


There we go! How easy was that! Serve these with strawberries and cream...like my Nana. She loves that shit! Or eat them by them selves...sweet deliciousness. 

Shall we crack on to the bread now? Yes! Lets doooo this! 

You will need - 

* 2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour 
* 1/2 cup Cornmeal 
* 1 tsp Salt 
* 1 tsp Baking Soda 
* 1 2/3 cups Plain non Fat Yogurt 
* 1/2 cup Molasses 

1. Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. I used tin foil and spray butter. The tin foil makes it easier to take the bread out once cooked and cooled. 


2. Mix together the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking soda. Set aside


3. Mix together the yogurt and molasses. 


4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together. The batter will look thick, but not dry. Add the batter to your greased pan and cook for 45 minutes. 


5. Place a skewer in to the middle of the bread to make sure it is done. If the skewer comes out clean, it is done! Wooo! 


6. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes once it is cooked and then remove and put on to a cooling rack. This bread tastes good with butter or nutella! YUM! 

This will keep for 4 days at room temp if wrapped up good and tight! Enjoy!! 

Look at what we did! My friend, Dana was my tastier and enjoyed it thankfully! We are such bakers now a days! Proud of us and our adventure ways! Oh and i made cookies for the fire people! Taking it to them tomorrow...i feel nervous! What a loser. 


Peace, Love & Kara <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Comments <3