We are doing this! We are making pizza dough! I am hungry for pizza...homemade pizza...with whole wheat.
Look how fancy we are! Check us out! Making pizza on a Thursday night! It's like we are in Italy!
This is my first time doing this, so we are learning together. Just the way i like it.
Pizza Dough Lessons. Seriously...how good are we!
Come on...lets get on this pizza train...Hey! Don't look so scared! Yeast isn't too hard...and we can hold hands all through this progress. I believe in you. I got your back.
* 1 1/2 cups warm water
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 tbsp active dry yeast
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tsp Italian mix spice...optional.
* 3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
How you doing? Look how brave we are! Proud of you! Ok...so...now to actually making it...*deep breath*
1. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water. Sprinkle yeast over the top, and let stand for about 10 minutes, until foamy...don't be scared!
2. Mix the olive oil and salt into the yeast mixture, then mix in half of the flour mixture. Make sure its all mixed together!
3. Pour the rest of the flour on to a dry surface and add the wet mixture on of the dry flour...Knead that dough! Knead until all of the flour has been absorbed, and the ball of dough becomes smooth. Show it who's boss!
4. Place dough in an oiled bowl, make sure both sides of the dough is covered with the oil...not too much though! Cover loosely with a tea towel, and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. PHEW! Have a sit down...watch Cops.
5. When the dough has doubled, tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and divide into 2 pieces for 2 thin crust, or leave whole to make one thick crust. Form into a tight ball. Let rise for about 45 minutes, until doubled.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 f. Roll a ball of dough with a rolling pin until it will not stretch any further, then gently pull the edges outward, while rotating the dough. When the circle has reached the size you want, place on a oiled pizza pan. Top pizza with your favorite toppings! I chose tomato sauce, cheese, garlic, and mushrooms. Yummers!
7. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, until the crust is crisp and golden at the edges, and cheese is melted on the top. Eat...you eat that pizza!
We did it! We can now say we have made pizza dough and it tasted like heaven! Delicious, cheesy heaven! Look at what we did! I MAY have left it in the oven for a little too long? Ah well! It was still good!
This makes quite a big batch, too much for just one person...perfect for 2 - 4 people. I saved the rest of my dough in the freezer. Roll it in to a ball and put it in to a ziplock baggie! BOOM! Pizza for another night!
Goodness...i am sleepy now! Lets make some easy peasy Tortilla Soup tomorrow. My fave soup! Lots of beans goodness!
Peace, Love & Kara <3