Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bullying


This is something very close to my heart. 

If you have ever been bullied, then you know it tears your world apart. It makes you feel like there is something wrong with you. There must be...why else would people make you feel like a lesser person. 
There is nothing wrong with you at all, you are just an easy target. 

For me, i was bullied in Middle school and High school for my weight. I have always been a large child, so an easy target...quiet, shy and fat. They could call me all the names they could think of and i wouldn't do anything.

As a child i would cut myself. It never hurt me as i already felt numb. I was already to hurt to care. I couldn't feel anything anymore. I was bullied everyday whilst at school for years, so i just learnt to shut off. Words can hurt so much more then anything else. I was never physical bullied, thank goodness, but there is only so much one person can take. At age 16 i basically quit school. I was done. I stopped going and just laid in my bed feeling lifeless. People say you are a weak person for thinking negative and suicidal thoughts. I don't think that at all. I think a person who thinks like that must be so over their limit of emotions and hurt that they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and they need help.

So reading a story about a 14 year old taking his own life because he had been so badly bullied over his sexuality and no one did anything, makes me incredible sad. It makes me feel like bullying is too out of control. People need to speak up, we need to focus on making school safer for children and have no tolerances towards bullies. Parents should be able to walk in to a school and speak to teachers and know that something positive will be done. 

Bullying doesn't just effect the children, their families suffer too. I know for a fact my mum felt very helpless. She can't come to school with me, she had to rely on the teachers to stop what was ever happening that day. My mum and dad had to watch me slowly fall apart, and eventually sent me to counselling. I have nothing but good things to say about counselling. It allows you to be able to say what ever you want and get everything you are feeling out. It is draining, but so worth it. My parents did all they could for me, taking me out of school for a while was for the best. I am a better person because of my parents and because of what i went though. I will always remember it and i will always have a problem with my weight but at least i was able to reach the light at the end of the tunnel. 

We need to step up and actually do something about bullying. We need to let it known that it isn't acceptable.

Children deserve to be children. No one should ruin that for them. Ever. 

Sorry for getting all serious on you ass...but if you are passionate about something then it is hard too keep in.

I have linked some helpful websites for advice and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Comments <3