They smell wonderful...i have only eaten one. *high five* I will blatantly have another one tomorrow though. Goodness...that is will power for you! Strong as an ox! And i will just avoid the kitchen...or close my eyes when i walk in there. Tactics.
So i made them for you guys. I thought i should lighten the mood. Make some sugary goodness...or sugar goop (Dana! lol) I won't lie to you...i did try the cupcake batter. I like to do that...make sure it isn't poisoned...
I used the recipe of Joy The Baker. What a lady! I modified it a tad...not by much though. I didn't have whole milk or vanilla beans. I wasn't prepared...sorry about that. I used a different frosting recipe also from Joy the Baker though :) I will post them here for you guys.
My original plan for this afternoons baking madness was to bake cookies for the firemen and police officers. We have a fire station like 2 seconds away from our house, and a police office just down the road. Makes me feel safe! BUT what i wanted to make...i didn't have everything...so lets do that on Friday.
So today we have Vanilla Cupcakes. I added Chocolate Chips...just because i can! Then made some Milk Chocolate Frosting to go on top. These taste super yummy! Vanillary goodness, with chocolate in every bite! Yummy. Grand for any occasion!
Lets go through what you need for the cupcakes...
* 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 2 sticks of butter
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup of milk. (i used 1/2 fat milk, the recipe calls for whole milk)
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup Chocolate Chips (you don't have to use these)
1. Pre Heat oven to 350 F. Mix the flour, salt and baking powder together. Set aside
2. Whisk together milk and vanilla extract. Set aside
3. In a mixer cream the butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy. Make sure everything is mixed together!
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each egg.
5. Add the flour and mil mixture in 3 parts. Mix on low speed. Once everything is nearly combined, stop the mixer and finish mixing with a spatula.
6. Divide the cupcake batter into the liners and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a cooling rack. Then frost those bad boys!
To make the frosting all you need is...
* 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
* 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt* 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
* 3 Tablespoons milk
* 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, meltedIn a mixer, mix together the butter, cocoa powder and salt. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar followed by 1 tablespoon milk. Mix well! Git rid of those lumpy lumps. Add another cup of powdered sugar, followed by 2 tablespoons of milk. Melt milk chocolate chips in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then add the melted chocolate into the mix! (yum) Mix it up! Then add to those wonderful cupcakes! Decorate. Add sprinkles. Do it. I added sliver glitter stuff. That's just how i roll.
Enjoy those little treats! Share them with your loved ones! They will love you even more. I know it!
Joy The baker - Cupcakes - http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2010/12/vanilla-cupcakes-with-chocolate-buttercream/
Joy The Baker - Frosting - http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2009/11/peanut-butter-blondies-with-milk-chocolate-frosting/
Peace, Love & Kara <3